16-Disc CD Series and 180-page Manual
This is the first of its kind Counselor Training Program in the world!
Once a five-day training series, this groundbreaking and comprehensive therapeutic protocol is now available in a 16-disc CD Series, accompanied by a 180-page manual. The Counselor Training Program CD series is for therapists, clergy, ministry leaders, and coaches who wish to assist those who experience unwanted same-sex attraction (SSA) and their loved ones
Psychotherapist, educator, and author Richard Cohen has counseled and successfully helped hundreds of men and women transition from a homosexual to a heterosexual orientation over the past twenty-seven years. Additionally, he has assisted hundreds of parents in restoring relationships with their SSA loved ones. In this landmark training series, he shares the “how tos" of implementing these two groundbreaking protocols: 1) assisting those with unwanted SSA, and 2) helping their family members.
• Identifying what we believe are the basic causes of same-sex attraction (SSA)
• Developing a comprehensive treatment plan for healing
• Successful therapeutic strategies for each stage in the treatment plan
• Affirmations for creating a healthy sense of gender identity
• Assisting clients in establishing heterosexual friendships and mentors
• Protocol for group therapy and support groups
• Preparing former SSA men and women for dating
• Working with families and the religious community
• Sucessful strategies for parents with SSA children
• Taking care of the caregiver to prevent burnout
• How to do effective media interviews
Praise for Counselor Training Program
Richard Cohen, with his keen sensitivity and ability to empower and transform lives, is just phenomenal. Being a part of the training, responding to, and helping persons with same-sex attraction has revolutionized and empowered my ministry tremendously. The content of this training was consistent with the Word, a courageous Work, and challeneged my Will.
—Pastor Anthony Moore, Carolina Missionary Baptist Church
No one today has more practical, real-life experience helping individuals overcome unwanted same-sex attraction than Richard Cohen. I have applied techniques and ides that I've learned from Richard with great success as I've worked with life-coaching clients and groups. His instruction and mentoring are invaluable.
—Rich Wyler, Founder and Director, People Can Change
I am so blessed to have participated in the first training for certification as a Sexual Reorientation Coach with the International Healing Foundation. I feel it has thoroughly prepared me to deal with clients in this sensitive area. Comprehensive in scope, sensitive in appraoch, and detailed in methodology, this course will untangle the nuances of counseling the struggler with unwanted SSA. As more therapists become familiar with this course, many SSA strugglers who have been disappointed with traditional therapeutic approaches will obrtain the help they need to progress in the difficult journey towards personal wholeness and heterosexuality.
—Keith Venum, M.D., LMHC